Introducing Myself

Felix De Los Santos

3930 3rd ave

Bronx, NY, 10457

02/04/2023

Prof. Pamela Stemberg

Hostos Community College

475 Grand Concourse

Bronx, NY, 10451

Dear Professor Stemberg, My name is Felix de los santos. I am from the Bronx, New York. All my life I have been good at helping people with problems whether it was personal or related to school/work. Growing up I would go to work with my father at Boar’s Head. During my time there I have encountered many problems, situations, and obstacles that opened my mindset in ways I didn’t know was possible. Which helped even more with helping people over the course of time. However, ever since I realized I was good at helping others I thought about doing it on a much larger scale. I thought about helping the community. Which is the reason I decided to major in Civil Engineering when joining Hostos Community College. What I decided to major in college connects to my professional goal in a way that it allows me to open my mindset even more and hopefully be able to create ideas. As well as being able to express it with people who are also having somewhat the same thought process of helping people.

Challenges that I have encountered are mostly from working with my father in Boar’s Head. Most of these challenges were often caused by disagreements that could have been resolved by taking things one step at a time. When talking about my challenges that I faced in my life I don’t talk about my successes because I don’t want others to see what I have gained from it. I rather them see the challenge and the problems I went through because in my eyes that was the real success because I was able to learn from it and grow as a person from it. I use this mindset so that I don’t get accustomed to just the success. This is a mindset I would still carry onto when I become an engineer. However, the way I imagine my place in the future world of engineering would be being a part of a group where real and good change occurs. Not just for me, for social media views but for the community and the people. Some challenges that I would expect to encounter are people trying to explain to me why my ideas aren’t capable of being done or them trying to stop me from doing some actual good for the community. But some of the challenges that I would like to be involved with is just basically finding ways to solve problems that can create a good impact in the society and also create some sort of change. I know that there will be more challenges that I will encounter over time and some of these encounters I will like or hate it but at the end of the day if it creates results. Then I will be proud of that encounter/challenge I had to endure because of the success I was able to put out forthe people.

Sincerely,

Felix De Los Santos